You don't have to do anything. Our address on the WWW will remain the same. But, we are moving to a new web hosting company. What that will mean to you is the possibility that you may experience a brief outage as we disconnect from one host and connect to the other. Just hang tight and the website will be back before you know it.
Some helpful hints:
- This website move does not involve our music stream. The music will remain uninterrupted.
- Clearing your browser cache may get us to pop back in for you if you're getting an error trying to visit the site.
- Clearing your browser cache is kind of extreme, but probably helpful if you haven't done it for a really long time. Problem is that it wipes out cached information about other sites you visit, too. So as an alternative, you could just use whatever shortcut key forces your browser to bypass the cache and load the current website fresh. For browsers on Windows, that's usually Ctrl+F5. Not sure what it would be on a Mac. Command+F5?
- Some features of the site may not work for a little bit as I try to adjust everything to our new surroundings.
- Our Tune In page is unaffected by this move since it's hosted somewhere else entirely. That means if you have the Tune In page bookmarked, you'll still be able to get to the music even if the rest of our website is down for you.
- You should NOT have to change your bookmarks for the main website because the website address is not changing.
- If I think of anything else, I'll write it in here.
We are looking forward to better website performance and a more reliable experience for you when you visit Girls Rock Radio! 🙂